The operational Risk Manager has overall responsibility for managing Operational Risk. In addition, the internal control of the LLC MDO “FINCA” Function oversees OR and Internal Control framework, working closely with the businesses to ensure that it is implemented and functioning effectively. The operational Risk Manager also provides a clear understanding of the Operational Risk profile; risks are identified, threats are assessed, corrective plans are -implemented, and risk is avoided, reduced, or transferred.
In implementing current activities, the Operational Risk Manager of the Risk and Compliance Department shall follow internal and external regulatory documents regulating LLC MDO “FINCA” activities.
• Provides input to develop and execute the Operational Risk strategy and framework.
• Develops internal control strategy, policy, and procedure and oversees its implementation through a systematic risk management approach.
• Updates and maintains Operational Risk Policy and Procedures to ensure that the policy and procedures reflect best practices.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders to facilitate open information channels and ensure that the OR function remains aware of business change, relevant to the risk decision-making process, and a trusted partner through the FMDO.
• Promotes and encourages a strong ORM and operational excellence culture, partners with the business to continually improve OR processes and business operating models supporting safe business growth and informed risk-related decision-making.
• Drives the identification, assessment, measurement, mitigation, and monitoring of operational risk through information consumption from the effective deployment of RCSA’s, KRI’s, scenario analysis, event management (tracking of event recording, event trend analysis), and targeted risk assessments.
• Create a high level of awareness on the incident and operational mistake management process, what mistakes are, the handling process, channels available, and consequences of failure to manage/report the operational errors and mistakes.
• Thoroughly and accurately log all errors received through the various channels and ensure regular updates/maintenance of the Operational Data Loss Base.
• Perform correct operational errors analysis based on the period of occurrence, nature of incidents or happened errors, affected processes, losses involved, etc., and report on the same.
• Creates and develops executive-level has written and metric-based reports and dashboards to highlight critical operational risk issues, trends, and potential impacts for the Risk Committee, Executive Management and Audit, Supervisory Board, and any external regulators or parties.
• Performs root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent risk events from re-occurrence in the future.
• Investigates internal fraud cases.
• Reviews high risk new business initiatives and outsourcing activities.
• Facilitates scenario analysis with businesses to stress the control environment under simulated conditions and drives accurate capital allocations.
• Staying up to date on industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate more proactive risk identification and mitigation approach. Reviews root cause analysis on internal operational risk events and those that occurred externally in the industry.
• Assists the Principal Risk Owners with identifying key risks and mitigating controls in their business units, as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
• Oversees mitigation programs and projects to ensure they are being implemented effectively;
• Plans and controls Internal Control performance.
• Evaluates internal controls, considering whether the proper control activities have been established and are operating effectively.
• Actively trains, mentors, and coaches IC control function and other involved staff in the Operational Risk Management process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• The position has supervisory responsibility.
• Leads and coordinates work of subordinated staff, including but not limited to: recruitment, performance management, training, and staff development;
• Delegates tasks accordingly and coordinate tasks deliverables in time.
• Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Professionalism – Tactfully approaches others; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with customers by gaining their trust and respect. Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to the client.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work on time; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Banking or Business Administration;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in banking with relevant product/business, technical and risk & control practice.
• Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of OR – practical experience in applying and managing an OR framework in financial services.
• Ability and experience to conduct training to staff at all levels and clearly and concisely communicate the process and benefits of the OR.
• Fluent in Tajik, Russian both written and oral communication, good knowledge of English is preferable
• Strong MS skills (excel, project and word) including good working knowledge of MS Office and Visio
• Established effective Operational Risk and Internal Control Framework.
• Established regular reporting system to all stakeholders such the Risk committee and others.
• Implemented Operational Risk and Control gaps identification, measurement and mitigation tools.
• Coached and trained Operational Risk and Internal Control staff.
• Established Operational Risk Culture trough the FMDO.
Internal – Management Board, Department Heads and Branch Managers.
External – third parties and regulators
Availability to travel upon request
The company offers a challenging job in a multinational organization, work across the global network! Please submit your resume detailing all work experience, educational qualifications and expected salary level to the following address: FINCA MDO LLC, 734060 Dushanbe, 9 Jabbor Rasulov Str. or e-mail: email@example.com (Please indicate title of position applied in the subject line).
Thanks for your interest in our company! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.